Upcoming Reviews

....

Monday, May 3, 2010

Review: Airhead by Meg Cabot



About~ Emerson Watts is gone.

Emerson Watts didn’t even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opining and had zero interest in meeting the newly appointed face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

But how was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her- and life as she’d known it- forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the pretty princess, is no longer herself. Literally.

Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice she’s actually a girl is the least of Em’s problems.

But what Em’s pretty sure she’ll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that’s going to make her dreams come true….

Nikki Howard is here to stay.


My Review~ My mom has always told me to spread my Horizon and to read something that does not have to deal with vampires, demons, werewolf’s, or anything that goes bump in the night.

So for once, I listen to her and I’m so glad I did. Airhead is the first chick-lit novel I have ever read, and I won’t be regretting it any time soon.

I loved the plot of the story. It’s not like any other plot I have ever read. This time it’s not a life or death situation. It’s totally different. This book is about a 16 year old girl who is such a tomboy and after one bad accident she wakes up finding herself in a body of a supermodel. But not just any supermodel, but instead teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

The setting of the story takes place in New York (the fashion state). Emerson/Nikki has boy issues, friend issues, and most important trying to act like a model issues.

This book caught my interest from the first page. I highly recommend this book to be on your TBR pile, if have not read it yet.

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Ending: 5/5
Cover Art: 5/5
Pages in Novel: 337
ISBN-13: 978-0-545-04054-9
ISBN-10: 0-545-04054-X
Link to buy Book: Borders, Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Other books in the Series: Being Nikki, Runaway

~Kassandra

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kassandra!
    I found your blog through the Book Blogger Hop!
    I have just reviewed Airhead and Being Nikki so I thought I'd drop you a line !
    I am myself an Urban Fantasy fan and have just started Chick Lit!
    Anyways, I hope I'll see you around!

    Caroline @ http://portrait-of-a-woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped by to say, hi.
    Kelly Bookend Diaries
    http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! I've hear awesome things about this series, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm definitely going to pick it up :D

    ReplyDelete