Upcoming Reviews

....

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Review: My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent



About~ Something is wrong with Kaylee Cavanaugh.

She doesn't see dead people, but...

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about the need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...

Soul Screamers
The last thing you hear before you die.


My Review~ This book was not what I was expecting it to be. I expected something like a bunch of fighting action, etc., but sadly this book had none of that. Actually this book had no fighting at all. Not one bit, well maybe a tiny part of fighting if you count hitting someone over the head with a frying pan. But besides from all that, the author kept me on my toes by all the info and history of bean sidhes (Pronounced: banshees) and how it all relates to the book. I also liked learning about Kaylee’s history and past.

In the beginning of the book, I felt like the author just jumps right into action with the soul screaming in the first chapter. And I just loved that. I was glad that I did not have to wait.

The love interest between Kaylee and Nash was also fun to read. And the title of the book does kind of match the plot of the story. Even though this book did not turn out like what I had expected, It was still fun to read and a great first book in the Soul Screamers Series. I recommend this book to go in your reading pile, but not on top. More likely in the middle of it and I just hope the next book in the series My Soul to Save will be better.

Plot: ♥♥♥
Characters: ♥♥♥♥
Ending: ♥♥♥♥
Cover Art: ♥♥♥♥
Pages in Novel: 279
ISBN-13: 978-0-373-21003-9
Link to buy Book: Borders, Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Other books in the Series: My Soul to Save, My Soul to Lose, My Soul to Keep

1 comment: