Upcoming Reviews

....

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review: Moon Called by Patricia Briggs



Since it has been quite some time since I last wrote a review (since school started) it might not be as detailed as I usually write it. But now since school is over and I have taken all of my regents, it is now time for me to return to my blog.

About- Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself ... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

My Review- First of all, this is not a YA book. My aunt lent this book to me about a year ago, and sadly it took me all this time just to finally pick it up. As she always kept insisting that I pick this book up and read it, she promised me that the longer I wait, the more I would end up kicking myself in the butt for not reading it sooner. And she was right.

The main character Mercedes Thompson (also known as Mercy) is not just any ordinary women. She is a Walker. And by that I mean she can turn into a coyote. Now unlike the werewolf's, she is not a slave to the Moon, and it does not take her 15 minutes to shift into her coyote form.

When my aunt first recommended this series to me, I was okay with reading it, but at that time, all I ever wanted was to read YA books. So when I read this book, I fell in love with it. I also love the fact that it does not take forever for the author to jump right into action. Seriously, just two chapters in, and already there's a fight scene. The plot of the book is also wonderful. Mercy is trying to figure out who kidnapped her sexy Alpha werewolf neighbor's daughter. His name is Adam by the way. Throughout the book, we get to learn about Mercy's past and how she was raised and by whom.

The characters in Moon Called are written in well depth too. Plus I love Mercy's tattoo's that are on the cover. Well, at least the coyote paw print tattoo. But if you look at all the covers from the series, you will notice that most of her tattoo's represent what the book is going to be about more or less. I want to point out that just because this book in not a YA book, there is no inappropriate scene. But I do not know if that might change within the series. The author has you laughing, guessing what might happen next, and Patricia Briggs gives you many turning points too. But best of all is how the book ends. Overall, I really recommend this book to both YA and Adult readers.

Plot: ♥♥♥♥♥
Characters: ♥♥♥♥♥
Ending: ♥♥♥♥♥
Cover Art: ♥♥♥♥♥
Pages in Novel: 288
ISBN: 0-441-01381-3
Link yo buy Book: Borders, Barnes & Noble, Amazon
Other books in the Series: Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Silver Borne, River Marked

No comments:

Post a Comment