Upcoming Reviews

....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (10)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This week's pick is Ripple by Mandy Hubbard. Ripple hits shelves August 2011.


About~ Eighteen years old Lexi is cursed--by day, she's just like every other teen at Lincoln City High. But from dusk until dawn, she's forced to swim and sing, a modern day siren. At sixteen, her voice became a deadly lure, and Steven-- the only boy she's ever loved-- followed her straight into the story surf and drowned. Now, Lexi spends her nights at a forgotten lake up in the mountains, where she can swim and sing in peace. She's become an ice queen, forced to keep everyone around her at arm's length in order to protect them. That is, until Cole comes to town. Cole, with his dark good looks and prying questions. She can't seem to keep him away, and she's no longer sure she wants to. But how can she let him in when it can only end in his death?

My Thoughts~ This book sounds so good. The cover looks great too. Just by reading the description of what the book is about, I just can’t help wanting to read more. This sounds like one of those books that will leave you breathless.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like it could be an awesome book. I'll have to check it out when I can! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you. I saw the description a few weeks back and couldn't wait to get my hands on this title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy Hubbard has the best books! I can't wait 4 this one :D

    ReplyDelete