Upcoming Reviews

....

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer


About~ Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes, and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood…life before she became a vampire.

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don’t draw attention to yourself, and above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn’t know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.

Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as
her. As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger then anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?

In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


My Review~ When I first heard Stephenie Meyer is coming out with a new book, I was right on board with the rest of the Twilight fans. I was so happy and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book. And now that I got it and read it, I wish it didn’t have to end the way we already knew it would.

As short as this book was, I love every second of it. I got to see how newborn vampires act and how wild they can be. Newborn vampires are just like teenagers, except we don’t kill and feed on human blood and such. And teenagers don’t have powers…but I wish we did…

This book was full of action, a little bit of romance, and…well…Vampires. Bree was…I don’t know how to describe Bree. And, well, Diego was an easy character to love. They both were. But as nice as there connection was, I wish it would have gone farther.

As I said before, I wish the book had a different ending. I’m not sure what else I could write in this review, without giving any spoilers to those who have not, but want to, read The Twilight Saga.

I recommend readers to read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and The Twilight Saga. You won’t regret that you did. Oh yes, and one more thing I would like to point out is the cover. How cool is that? I love the hour glass. It matches the title perfectly.

Plot: ♥♥♥♥
Characters: ♥♥♥♥
Ending: ♥♥♥♥
Cover Art: ♥♥♥♥♥
Pages in Novel: 178
ISBN: 978-0-316-12558-1
Link to buy Book: Borders, Amazon, Barnes & Noble
Other books in the Series: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn

1 comment:

  1. I liked this book. I would have liked to see the Cullen's a bit more through Bree's eyes as I found that to be one of the most interesting aspects of this novel. It certainly wasn't my favorite of the series but it was a nice little extra. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete