Upcoming Reviews

....

Friday, October 22, 2010

Review: Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers


About~ Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance---even her closest friends---and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy---all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


My Review~ This book was so good. I got hooked in the first chapter. It’s been about two months since I last read this book. I have just been so busy with school work that I have forgotten all about writing a review for it. So here I am writing about the things I remember best.

The first thing I remember best are the characters; Luc, Gabriel and Frannie. Frannie is the girl who both guys need to tag her soul. Luc needs to tag her soul for Hell and Gabriel needs to tag her soul for Heaven. And soon enough, both guys want her, but not just for her soul. And Frannie can’t help but feel the same way. But now she has to choose between them. Luc or Gabriel? Heaven or Hell? If I was in Frannie’s shoes, I would have a pretty hard time choosing between Luc and Gabe too…

This book is told from two different perspectives. One of them is Frannie and the other is told form Luc. I have to say though, I loved reading more from Luc’s perspective more then I did with Frannie’s. Although, it would have been nice to read through Gabriel’s point of view too. It would have been interesting to read how he saw Frannie, how he felt for her, and what he thought of the situation with Luc and all.

What surprised me the most was of course, the ending. I loved it, hated it, and everything in between. I loved what happened, hated some characters, and felt so many emotions pass by. I am proud to say that this was the first book I have read, that included demons and such, and I LOVED it!!! I can’t wait till the next book Original Sin comes out. But for now I recommend readers to read the book because they won’t be able to put it down…

Plot: ♥♥♥♥♥
Characters: ♥♥♥♥
Ending: ♥♥♥♥
Cover Art: ♥♥♥♥♥
Pages in Novel: 365
ISBN: 978-0-7653-2808-3
Link to Buy Book: Borders, Amazon, Barnes and Noble
Other book in the Series: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment