Upcoming Reviews

....

Friday, October 29, 2010

Cover Discovery

Title: Awakened
Author: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Release Date: January 4, 2011



Book Description:

At the start of Awakened, the pulse-pounding eighth installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey has returned, mostly whole, from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey - or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark - ever be the same? Stevie Rae is drawn even closer to Rephaim, the Raven Mocker with whom she shares a mysterious and powerful Imprint, but he is a dangerous secret that isolates her from her school, her red fledglings, and even her best friends. When the dark threat of Neferet - who is coming closer and closer to achieving her twisted goal of immortality - and Kalona returns, what will it take to keep the House of Night from being lost forever, and what will one desperate girl do to keep her heart from being irreparably broken?

My Thoughts: Omg, I just adore the cover. I can't believe that's suppose to be Rephaim. It's suppose to be Rephaim as he saw himself in the fountain at the end of Burned. I just love the cover. It fit's in perfectly with the rest of the House of Night covers. I can't wait till it releases.

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Shimmer
Author: Alyson Noël
Release Date: March 15, 2011



Book Description:

Welcome to the Here and Now Riley Bloom left her sister, Ever, in the world of the living and crossed the bridge into the afterlife—a place called Here, where time is always Now. Riley and her dog, Buttercup, have been reunited with her parents and are just settling into a nice, relaxing death when she’s summoned before The Council. They let her in on a secret—the afterlife isn’t just an eternity of leisure; Riley has to work. She’s been assigned a job, Soul Catcher, and a teacher, Bodhi, a curious boy she can’t quite figure out. Riley, Bodhi, and Buttercup return to earth for her first assignment, a Radiant Boy who’s been haunting a castle in England for centuries. Many Soul Catchers have tried to get him to cross the bridge and failed. But he’s never met Riley. . .

My Thoughts: I have not read the first book in the series yet, but I would like to once I finish reading The Immortals series. I also like the cover, but i just don't like the pink color.

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: July 12, 2011



Book Description:

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

My Thoughts: I own the first the book, but I have not read it yet. But I hear it's a great series. And I feel like this book cover goes perfectly with the other books in the series.

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: The Demon Trapper's Daughter
Author: Jana Oliver
Release Date: February 1, 2011



Book Description:

Riley has always wanted to be a Demon Trapper like her father, and she's already following in his footsteps as one of the best. But it's tough being the only girl in an all-guy world, especially when three of those guys start making her life more complicated: Simon, the angelic apprentice who has heaven on his side; Beck, the tough trapper who thinks he's God's gift, and Ori, the strikingly sexy stranger who keeps turning up to save her ass. One thing's for sure - if she doesn't keep her wits about her there'll be hell to pay...

My Thoughts: I love the cover. How the girl is dressed and how you can see a city behind her. But I do wish the book description could have been better...

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Stolen Nights
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Release Date: N/A



Book Description:

N/A

My Thoughts: I love the cover. It's just as good as the first book in the series. If there will be a third book, I wonder if they will keep the signature of the eye's on the cover...

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Dead Is Not an Option
Author: Marlene Perez
Release Date: May 02, 2011



Book Description:

It’s springtime of senior year, and psychic sleuth Daisy Giordano is preparing to say goodbye to Nightshade High. But no college acceptance letters have arrived yet, and she’s beginning to worry about where she’ll end up come fall—and if it will be anywhere near her boyfriend, Ryan. But that’s not the only uncertainty Daisy’s dealing with. There’s a vamps versus shifters war going on in Nightshade, and things are so tense that there is talk of canceling the prom. The conflict is carrying over to the Giordano home, since Rose and Daisy are both dating werewolves and Poppy’s new boyfriend is a vampire.

Daisy’s investigations involve mysterious new folks in town—and some old familiar faces, like her nemesis, celebrity chef/sorceress Circe Silvertongue. Can Daisy convince Circe to free the spirit she trapped in a jukebox long ago, and to change her pet pig, Balthazar, back into the man he once was? Can the paranormal community in Nightshade finally find peace? And will Daisy and her friends survive graduation? All of these questions and more are answered in the explosive final installment in the Dead Is series.


My Thoughts: I got all the books in the series so far but I have not read them yet. I plan to hopefully read them soon but in the meantime, I will just enjoy the covers. This cover fit's in perfectly with the rest of the books in the series.

~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Bite Club
Author: Rachel Caine
Release Date: May 03, 2011



Book Description:

N/A

My Thoughts: I love The Morganville Vampire series. And I just can't wait to read and own the recent book out, Ghost Town. And I just love this cover but I can't wait till next year for it to come out. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment